Stop the leakage of data immediately.
Hacker protection is all very well and necessary, but what are you doing to reduce business risk resulting from data leaking from your network? Information leaving your network creates more danger to your business than the damage caused by what is coming in.
Data loss can happen anytime, anywhere; whether from an employee sending data out with an e-mail message, or simply by plugging in a USB flash drive and copying the data. A typical scenario is a resigning employee copying company assets for personal or malicious use. Data leaks can come from:
- Desktops, for example CD drives, USB flash drives;
- E-mail attachments;
- Instant messaging;
- Smart phones, and
Laws that make your business liable for data protection, governance and privacy have made it even more essential that you plug the leaks.
- Step 1 – Define your data types;
- Step 2 – List all possible actions on that data;
- Step 3 – Compile a policy, and
- Step 4 – Speak with Content Security today and we can work out a solution, with you, to protect your valuable company assets, confidential data and customer information from accidental and/or deliberate disclosure.